Frame.io Python Client v0.7.5 ReleaseApril 30, 2020 at 11:38pm (Edited 3 months ago)
I've been working on this release ever since I joined Frame.io, and it's big one! We've got bug fixes, feature adds, feature improvements, and overall a lot of quality of life improvements that will make it easier for you, our developers - to integrate Frame.io into your products and workflows!
Going forwards, expect to see slightly more regular releases. We adhere to semver version management so minor updates like
0.7.0updates won't break backwards compatibility, however a
1.2.0upgrade might including breaking changes. So make sure that the way you're doing version pinning in your
requirements.txttakes that into account!
- Automatic rate-limit handling for all requests with exponential back-off!
- New download function, so you can both upload and download assets via the client
- Improvements to Python 2 and 3 uploaders to support more Python versions (with integration testing)
- Addition of
x-frameio-clientheader with release version included, so that we know what version users are on as we think about sunsetting features
- New function for updating review links
setup.pyso they're installed as part of the package installation
- Python 2.7.x edge case bug during chunked uploading
- Python 3.8+ uploader support
May 1, 2020 at 8:16am
May 4, 2020 at 6:22pm
May 6, 2020 at 5:43pm
May 7, 2020 at 3:06am
downloads still work how they always have, the only change here is making it simpler to access via
frameioclient. In the future we may introduce accelerated downloads via multi-part concurrency, but at this time it's single-threaded and blocking.
May 12, 2020 at 2:33pm
May 13, 2020 at 2:53am
June 26, 2020 at 7:33pm