New to MTN sandbox. Please help.October 21, 2019 at 6:55am
We have some "basic" questions and hope the team can help with the following questions?
- Is there a list that outlines which applications utilises Oauth2 and which uses x-api-x key? i.e. a sheet outlining the key usage and address?
- Which address should we direct the test application to : a. api.mtn.com or (have used this one but also saw the sandbox address in documentation) b. sandbox.api.mtn.com
- We sent a request for the service (SMS and Location) to api.mtn.com and get the following error code “Invalid ApiKey for given resource” on both oauth token and x-api-x key. Is there something that needs to be registered still?
- Are there any test numbers in the sandbox that we should/could use to test against? i.e. for a location request? i.e. 27832121000? We will appreciate any other tips and guidance.
October 24, 2019 at 2:53pm
- Each API product page lists what authentication method it supports. In general, API key is used for most APIs today, as they transition over to OAuth2.
- I cannot comment on the sandbox address. is the best to advise
- You have created your app, and the developer portal will auto-allocate API keys. However, the MTN OpCo API Product Owner needs to complete a single approval step to allow those keys to be used. Which OpCos are you intending working with, so that the nessecary people can approve
- to comment on sandbox functionality
October 29, 2019 at 5:42am
October 30, 2019 at 5:58am
May I make a suggestion to the MTN team? Please list the minimum requirements and process for the development environment as well as moving to production. It is horribly frustrating as the information is coming in little pieces, all of which could have been addressed in a process. i.e.
- Access to the development portal does not require to be an MTN partner but you will not be able to test any service or application. (only viewing rights)
- To test an application, you will need to be a partner to MTN and get your API keys approved for the required resources by the product owner (commercial manager of product in country of operation)