[Resolved] Cast views, python, dubbingOctober 4, 2019 at 3:46pm (Edited 10 months ago by @rokublac)
Hi thanks for an awesome platform! I am putting together a python course, and have a few questions.
- Is there some way to see the number of views on an individual screencast? or some way to get a fel for number of users who are watching tutorials? I saw you had Karma before, but I can't find it anywhere anymore...
- I know Scrimba doesn't fully...at all support Python, but using the Brython plugin alot of things seem to work... I cannot get file io ,like open to work...so I'm kinda stuck
- I plan to translate the course to swedish, and give some others OK to translate into other languages, have a feeling that a dub feature would be a really good idea...where is that in your roadmap?
When I am not doing this, I run the swedish effort to translate Khan Academy...so those others are other language teams Thanks in advance...
October 5, 2019 at 6:11am
- No feature at this time to specifically see individual screen cast views. Although we are in progress of developing a detailed stats for cast creators to see for each cast. So that would give you better metrics of your audience.
- I will have a look into this and get back to you through your direct message.
- Dubbing would be a great feature! Backlog is quite heavy at this time so this feature may not be prioritized as of yet. But we have definitely looked in it!
Also the karma system seems to be stagnant, so we are currently looking into this issue.
December 3, 2019 at 3:42pm
December 4, 2019 at 11:20am
Awesome stuff! Is the course-playlist complete? I will create a post on Spectrum of your course/playlist and also schedule a social media promotion for the future.
Also as discussed, we've been doing some development for the community component of Scrimba and have made some updates in our search functionality (see picture). Although the community playlist is temporarily removed from the homepage, we hope the search refinement drives some users to community course-playlists for the meantime.