💬 Frequently Asked Questions - F.A.QJuly 1, 2019 at 3:30pm (Edited 7 months ago)
1 - Are there more programming languages coming to Scrimba?
2 - What about server-side programming?
3 - How do I subscribe to Scrimba's newsletter?
4 - Where can I find a list of Scrimba courses?
5 - I cannot see my playlist that I created, where is it?
6 - How do I edit my playlist details?
7 - Can I download screen casts?
8 - Is there a "follow" function on Scrimba?
9 - I'm stuck in playground mode, how can I resume watching my cast?
10 - How do I change my profile username and/or email?
1. Are there more programming languages coming to Scrimba?
We hope to introduce more languages in the future. Currently, the main priority is to refine and improve the platform's performance with the current set of languages. We will definitely let everyone know when new languages are in the works!
2. What about server-side programming?
Similarly to the expansion of programming language options on Scrimba, it is something we're definitely interested in. But for now, the focus is on client-side languages.
3. How do I subscribe to Scrimba's newsletter?
You will be automatically subscribed to Scrimba's newsletter service when you create an account on scrimba.com. But for those who just want to be notified about upcoming news or who have unsubscribed and want to re-subscribe, you can subscribe here 📨
4. Where can I find a list of Scrimba courses?
You can find all of our current courses listed in this thread here
5. I cannot see my playlist that I created, where is it?
Currently, when you initially create a playlist you will not be able view it anywhere until you add at least one cast to it.
To add a cast to your playlist:
- Go to you profile page (click your profile display picture and click View profile)
- Find the cast you want to add and click the cog wheel on the lower right of the cast box.
- Click Add to playlist
- Select your desired playlist from the drop down menu
- Click Confirm and then your created playlist should be visible on your profile.
6. How do I edit my playlist details?
Click the three dots in your playlist section and an "edit playlist" option will pop up.
7. Can I download screen casts?
Currently, you cannot download Scrimba screen casts. If you want to download screen casts for offline viewing, you can use a browser extension tool such as this: Screen Recorder. This will allow you to record a cast and download it for offline viewing.
Just note that the extension suggested above exports your screen capture videos in .webm format. It is recommended to use VLC Media Player to view these files on your computer. For mobile viewing, download the VLC player app (Android | iOS). Alternatively, you can use an online webm to mp4 conversion for better accessibility with other media players.
8. Is there a "follow" function on Scrimba?
Currently, you can follow the courses you are enrolled in. These courses will appear on your profile page and will be only you visible to you. As of yet, there is no functionality to follow specific Scrimba users/instructors.
9. I'm stuck in playground mode, how can I resume watching my cast?
This generally happens when the user saves a note. What happens when you save a note is that it enters a mode where you have the option record a cast to attach to that specific note. This is for people who want to record some audio along side their note which then can later be viewed and listened to.
To get back to your cast, click the video title up in the top left of the site (please refer to attached picture). This should then bring you back into cast view mode and continue where you left off.
We'll improve this in the future!
10. How do I change my profile username and/or email?
Unfortunately, the functionality for users to edit their profile details is currently not available. If you want to change your details please email [email protected] and we'll get it all sorted for you.
To edit your email
- Go to your Scrimba profile page
- Hover over your email address
changenear your email address.