Sketch 52September 18, 2018 at 5:36pm (Edited 8 months ago)
• UI Redesign Sketch now has a totally redesigned interface, improving usability and readability across the app.
• Improved Performance Sketch is now more responsive when editing complex documents, rendering the Canvas, and selecting Symbols with many overrides.
• Dark Mode We’ve added Dark Mode to Sketch for macOS Mojave.
• Nested Boolean Operations Boolean Operations can now be applied to text layers, shapes with outlines, and Symbols.
• Data You can now link layers to data sources on your Mac or use a custom plugin to create and generate text, images and other data in your documents.
September 20, 2018 at 2:16pm
So happy to see layer style overrides. Will keep my devs using Invision Inspect happy. How long does it usually take for a new Sketch version to move from beta to release?
Well you well at least need to have Mojave out since it only works with that...release date of mojave is September 24th. My guess will be half october.
I have a question about nested symbols within a "component". I've gone ahead and removed all color symbols for my icons, which is great. They now have a color fill applied to them from the appearances menu. After that, I've created a new component wherein I overridden the color fill style with another, for example, white on dark background, which is saved in my library. I create a new file then add the component and none of the overrides are applied. Is this the expected behavior?
September 21, 2018 at 3:04am
September 24, 2018 at 11:26pm
September 25, 2018 at 9:13pm
October 1, 2018 at 3:14pm
October 2, 2018 at 3:20pm
October 2, 2018 at 11:33pm
I cannot find "Replace With..." in the context dialog in V52. Its entry has been replaced with 'Data Feeds', which is neat but different.
It seems that "Replace With..." only appears in the context dialog when right-clicking a symbol now, rather than any normal layer.
Hopefully it's just a bug - it's one of if not my most used menu item!
October 3, 2018 at 10:30am
October 9, 2018 at 8:18am
Please bring back the controls over the properties panel on the right with hover - click - drag to change rotation, text size and other values. It's a bummer. You guys took away even the dropdown from the text size. Why? You begin to look a lot like Apple. Remove something that was working perfectly.
having trouble resizing symbols after updating to sketch 52. The symbols that had fixed size is not acting as it should, even though it looks correct in the preview.
October 9, 2018 at 11:49pm