# All channels
319: Content Strategy and Designing with Language (feat. Jonathon Colman)October 23, 2019 at 3:14pm (Edited 1 year ago)
In today's episode we sat down with Jonathon Colman, a Senior Design Manager at Intercom, to talk about all things content. We dig into Jonathon's background and path into design, the role of content in user experience design, how content strategy and product design should work together, the future of AI and machine learning in content strategy, and so much more. That, plus our cool things of the week, as always!
Flatiron School: Learn UX/UI design in 24 weeks and discover our global community on campus or online and go back to school with Flatiron School!
Change careers with confidence with 1:1 support from our dedicated Career Coaches and a money back guarantee. Complete details at flatironschool.com/terms.
See you in class!
Golden Microphone Patron:
Sisu is looking for a thoughtful and data-savvy designer to help build the next generation of analytics software. You can find out more at sisu.ai.
(You might recognize Sisu from our interview with Michie Cao)
- Shoutout to our newest patrons!
- Valentine Ubaldo
- Michael Knepprath
- webOS is the mobile operating system developed by Palm.
- Hobo Johnson is all about that authentically, low-budget production.
- Today we caught up with Jonathon Colman, a Senior Design Manager at Intercom.
- If you were designing in the 90's, you too may be familiar with Kai's Power Tools.
- Dances with Wolves, the summer blockbuster of 1990 featuring Kevin Costner.
- Jonathon gave a keynote presentation at Webstock 2017 titled "Wicked Ambiguity and User Experience" in which he dives deep into the topic of wicked problems.
- Jared Spool is a writer, researcher, speaker, and expert on usability.
- Samantha Starmer is an experience design and strategy executive leading teams at companies like Capital One, Ralph Lauren, and more.
- Double Diamond product development explains a process of divergent and convergent thinking.
- Thinking in Systems by Donella Meadows offers insights for solving problems at scale.
- John Saito shares thoughts about the role of writing in experience design with the Intercom blog.
- Steve Krug's Don't Make Me Think is a foundational user experience design book.
One Cool Thing:
- Marshall shared Cue, a social calendar app designed by Michael Boswell.
- Brian shared Parasite, a new film directed by Bong Joon Ho. Recommendation: go see it before seeing the trailer or reading any details - it's worth it!
- Jonathon shared Invisible Women: Data Bias in a World Designed for Men by Caroline Criado Perez, who also appeared on an episode of 99% Invisible to discuss the same topic.