# All channels
328: Thinking About 2020January 8, 2020 at 6:04pm
In this first episode of the new decade, we look ahead to 2020 and enumerate some personal and professional goals for the year to come. And as always, we share some cool things (this week, with the help of a listener!), including an IRL magazine, a couple grumpy websites, and the final season of a show.
Golden Ratio Patrons:
Flywheel is a delightfully designed managed WordPress hosting platform, thoughtfully built for busy creatives. Streamline your workflow with their slick platform and sweet set of workflow tools perfectly made for designers! Get started at getflywheel.com/designdetails
Sisu is looking for a thoughtful and data-savvy designer to help build the next generation of analytics software. You can find out more at sisu.ai. (You might recognize Sisu from our interview with Michie Cao)
Pathrise is an online mentorship program that gets you a job at a top tech company. You can learn more at pathrise.com/details.
Latest VIP Patrons:
Huge shoutouts to our latest members!
- Simon Madsen
- Daniel Maniés
- Sam Chang
- Julia Purcell
- Kyle Kochanek
- Isa Simó
- Richard Sison
- Jack Reis
- Marshall chilled this break, and watched a bunch of shows and read some books:
- [The Boys](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TheBoys(2019_TV_series)
- Mr. Robot
- Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood
- [Mission Impossible series](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mission:Impossible(film_series)
- Expeditionary Force
- PocketCasts shipped some great new features, highlighting the deletion of Design Details – oop!
- The Mishalorian is a vacuum cleaner for design files. Us, too!
- Paweł Ludwiczak asked about keeping design systems separated by platform.
- Zack Aronson asks: "Thinking about my 2020:Q1 career goals and not sure where to start. I have 9 years of professional experience as a product designer and currently an IC at Venmo. Any thoughts? Inspiration? Words of wisdom? I thought you gents could help!"
- Marshall set some goals for this year:
- Brian also set some goals (and also wrote more details about them, here):
- Visit new country
- Learn conversational Chinese
- Software side project that generates revenue
- Learn a new programming language - Brian already started with a small personal utility app for bookmarking favorite links! See the thread of the app getting built.
- Write monthly on the new https://brianlovin.com/overthought
- Gain 14lbs
- Cameron Campbell shared Offscreen Magazine, an independent print magazine that examines how we shape technology and how technology shapes us.
- Brian shared MacOS Design Review and grumpy.website, two mini-series websites cataloging the annoying and buggy parts of modern software design. It's like Little Big Details, but for bad things. grumpy.website is maintained by Nikita, who also blogs about the current state of software design
- Marshall shared Mr. Robot Season 4: "the ending is fucking perfect." What more could you ask for? Don't do too much research, go in blind, and enjoy.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!