# All channels
Feedback on our current websiteMay 28, 2018 at 5:51pm
Hi everyone, we're looking to revamp and improve our existing site: https://sequence.work
This version of the site was basically done very quickly (call it MVP or whatever if you will) in order for us to gauge the public interest of our product/solution. We've accomplished that and have gotten the results that we needed so naturally we want to come up with a better website to showcase our product offerings as well as to showcase the platform (coming soon).
I'd love to ask everyone here for your feedback mainly for these items:
- What do you like about the website?
- What do you dislike about the website?
- Are the product offerings clear for you?
- If there's one thing (only one) that you could change on the website today, what would it be?
- What do you think could be added to make the website clearer for new visitors/users?
Thank you in advance!
May 28, 2018 at 10:40pm
hello, I’m Ashley. I took a look at your site and have some feedback to offer.
1. I love the look and feel; the colors and contrast just go. In my opinion, it’s good design.
2. I wouldn’t say there’s anything I dislike; it’s a unique and catchy look In my opinion... but I do have some ideas and thoughts about your other questions...
3. No. I have no idea what I’m getting when I sign up for my free trial. I understand that I’ll be somehow or another coming away with datasets. In other words: I’m not sure if your offering services, full suite of apps and tools to configure and use on my own, a really intense form that tells a automated bot exactly what data to pull... etc. I get a better understanding of what machine intelligence is rather than an understanding of your product/service.
4. if there’s one thing I would explicitly add in, as one of the FIRST things you see when you get to this landing page is
* Who you help
* What it is that your product/service helps to achieve or make simpler
* And the value that your product holds (what idea was is that you validated your MVP off of?)
I would make sure that people knew exactly what they were to expect after entering their email.
5. Lastly, I would share some insight on what their end result would look like, or what the process would return as the delivered value. Give people enough information about how your solution can help them, so that they don’t browse elsewhere having made assumptions you wouldn’t want them to make. 😄
I think you’re off to an awesome start. It’s an entirely different set of challenges and experiences from product development to outreach and user-adoption/purchase.
Let me know if I could add with any other suggestions or further explanation that would help.
May 29, 2018 at 2:06pm
Hi & , thank you so much for your feedback above. Appreciate it and thanks for the kind words as well.
Our primary target audience are mainly data scientist/ML teams who need to manually process all these huge batch of data. Agreed that it may not be the most apparent thing at first glance. :)
I think going forward we're looking at adding a product page with the screenshots of how the platform works, including some tools that we use to distribute and work on these tasks. Also a client case-studies page to address #3, #4, #5. What do you think?
May 31, 2018 at 1:30pm