73: UTF-8 Strings in Swift 5
• UTF-8 String blog post on swift.org
• Piercing the String Veil post on Swift forums …
73: Swift.org on NIO
I just wanted to point out that swift.org apparently isn't served with Swift NIO: https://twitter.com/johannesweiss/status/1109029543543799809
Though I agree, that would be cool if it did.
72: Pitch for Official Style Guide & Formatter for Swift
In what is sure to lead to significant community discussion, there's now a pitch for adding a style guide and formatter to Swift.
• Swift Forums Pitch: an Official Style Guide and Formatter for Swift …
71: Key Path Expressions as Functions
If this proposal is accepted, we'll be seeing Key Paths in a lot more places.
• Key Path Expressions as Functions: https://forums.swift.org/t/key-path-expressions-as-functions/19587 …
The Swift project is working on official support for the industry-standard Language Server Protocol and we can barely contain our excitement.
• Announcement Post on Swift Forums …
It's the most wonderful time of the year again... the time when the Swift community considers adding a Result type to the standard library. Except that this time it'll probably work!
• Proposal …
68: Opaque Result Types
In this episode, Jesse and JP dive in to opaque result types, which could help prevent leaking of implementation details to library consumers.
• https://forums.swift.org/t/opaque-result-types/15645 …
67: Raw Strings
String literals are the gift that keep on giving with each Swift version, and Swift 5 is no exception, with raw strings.
• SE-0200 Enhancing String Literals Delimiters to Support Raw Text
• Paul Hudson’s What’s New in Swift 5 Playground …
66: Plan For Module Stability
Today, we discuss Jordan Rose's recent forums post on a proposed plan for module stability:
• https://forums.swift.org/t/plan-for-module-stability/14551 …
65: Literal Initialization Via Coercion
A recent type checking speedup had very small source compatibility breakages, but nonetheless went through the evolution process and it was accepted!
• SE-0213: Literal initialization via coercion …