Spectrum is now read-only. Learn more about the decision in our official announcement.


Visual primitives for the component age. Use the best bits of ES6 and CSS to style your apps without stress!


Versioning plan

August 15, 2017 at 8:31am
The README currently says
NOTE: This is currently in alpha. While unit-tested, it doesn't yet have a lot of real world project exposure, so there'll be some edge cases we haven't covered. Please try it out and submit bug reports!
I think this is not true anymore with the recent work by and and all the bugs that've been fixed.
Let's make 0.3.0 the first "beta" version and announce it as such? I'd love to publish an article on Medium about the recent improvements we've made, does one of you want to kick that off? If you just start writing a draft and send that over to me I can add you to the styled-components publication and we'll make it official.
Also, what do you think about going for a 1.0 after #70?
Show previous messages

August 15, 2017 at 6:03pm
How far out is the semantic comment API Emil? Do you reckon you'll finish that anytime soon?
Well it's mostly depending on us finalizing the API. I've implemented the most meaty part already, and then the biggest part is writing a bit of documentation for it, which is not super huge either
So yeah, I can see what you're thinking, we could wait until we've just got that ready and either do beta then or just jump straight to 1.0
Yeah I mean if it's already implemented might as well wait for that to publish the article and then publish a "it's stable!" one
Rather than split it up in two, I assumed it'd be a month or so away :)
Yeah, I think it's more like a week if we can just finalize the small outstanding questions on the API. I'm also working on other stuff beside this repo of course, but max a week is still a very reasonable estimate
Sounds great, let's wait for that then!
And let's rewrite that post slightly to include that API and make it a 1.0 release!
Yep, sounds good

August 28, 2017 at 12:06pm
Okay what I would like done prior to the 1.0 release (and we're nearly there) is of course that we merge in the huge interpolation tagging PR which should happen any minute now, then I'd love it if someone could test it with invalid interpolation tags in an editor like sublime? I don't know if anyone has the sublime linter or in atom or w/e installed so we can check if it crashes the whole thing that we throw an error?
And then I'll just submit a PR right now for the injectGlobal stuff, and then I think I'm happy
And then we of course have to prep the Medium article
Just started to update the Medium draft, will hopefully have a first version up for reviews today:
I'm just going to take your old post since it feels unfair for me to be credited as an author when I really didn't do anything after 0.0.4 hah!
I'm going to put a bunch of stuff we added between 0.0.4 and 1.0.0 in there (TypeScript support etc) since most people won't know those are a thing
And then also create some sort of "feature/header image", not yet fully sure what that'll look like
Likely something inspired by the graphics on
Oh yeah also one last thing, I'd love to have a CHANGELOG up and running for 1.0
Okay the injectGlobal thing while not amazingly hard wasn't quite as straight forward as I thought at first, I have a few other things I need to get done these days, I can still take responsibility for that issue but I can't submit a PR straight away as first thought, just FYI
Also, good luck at university!
Since we're not planning any non-v1 releases anymore I'll merge the v1 branch into master?
I think any changes we do now should just go into v1
The big one was the interpolation tags that could've kept others waiting
Show more messages