Join the conversation

Sign in to join this conversation, and others like it, in the communities you care about.

SpecFM

A network of designers and developers making the best podcasts, blogs, and resources for designers and developers.

SpecFM / Design Details

234: Maximum Effort (feat. PJ Buddhari)

234: Maximum Effort (feat. PJ Buddhari)

SpecFM / Design Details · February 7, 2018 at 7:26pm (Edited 9 months ago)
To kick off 2018 we caught up with PJ Buddhari, a product designer currently working on the design systems team at Adobe. In this episode we dig into what it takes to put together a design system across such a huge lineup of products, moving to the US, PJ's path into design, and so much more.

Sponsors:

• Reaktor - Reaktor is a product design studio in NYC, designing and building for forward-thinking businesses and organizations. And they're hiring someone like you!
  • Check them out and send your application at reaktor.com/careers

PJ on the Web:

- Website
- Twitter
- Dribbble

February 8, 2018 at 12:13am

Website link is broken! Or well, there's an added hyphen that was added that's causing it to lead to a 404 page :)

like-fill

Thanks @awtran! just fixed the link so is should be working now 🙌

like-fill

I make one dumb Deadpool reference and it ends up being the title 🙃

like-fill

I 100% love the CSS I see happening around here. Especially into the icons on the player, the overlay blurs and share slideup, and the share icon set. Cool stuff, Bryn and Brian.

Also love the speed-up feature in the player being a dial (a la speedometer)

Love PJ’s portfolio, that minty green shade of serif makes me feel like I just brushed my teeth with biodegradable toothpaste.

February 9, 2018 at 4:50pm

WAIT - Just got to the part about the interactive yoga mat. I volunteer at a yoga studio and we were just joking about how funny that would be… we did skits about it lol. That must have been so cool!

like-fill

February 14, 2018 at 5:08am

Going to be on the same design systems team PJ is on this summer when I intern there. I don't like to brag because I don't consider much of anything I do to brag about but it's just surreal listening to this podcast 4 years ago during my senior of high school and now going to work with one of the guests on it. :)

like-fill

That’s super exciting and so awesome to hear @jacobdfrank! Congrats on the internship and let us know how it goes 🙌

like-fill

April 4, 2018 at 8:08pm

I wanted to drop Brian, Bryn, PJ, and Sarah a line for putting together this particularly insightful episode! Thank you all so much as it has helped this Jr. designer to get their bearings and strategize a bit more effectively when it comes to informational interviews with those I look up to in the design community. Your efforts and the contents shared is much appreciated.

like-fill

Hey @nickibrownaj thanks so much for the kind words! I think i speak for all of us when I say that I'm so glad this episode could help you! Helping designers level up is the goal of the show and I'm so happy to hear that it's helped you 💜

like-fill

November 9, 2018 at 1:28am

That’s super exciting and so awesome to hear @jacobdfrank! Congrats on the internship and let us know how it goes 🙌

It went great, I got the full-time and will be working alongside PJ in August!

Your message here...

*bold*_italic_`code````codeblock```