Join the conversation

Sign in to join this conversation, and others like it, in the communities you care about.

Popmotion

Help and discussion for Popmotion's animation libraries: Popmotion, Pose, React Pose, React Native Pose, etc

Popmotion / General

React Pose: dynamic poses -- help needed

Popmotion/General · June 6, 2018 at 8:32pm

Popmotion / General · June 6, 2018 at 8:32pm
I am having trouble with a simple posed component on most recent version (2.1.1). Nothing is rendering. Everything works on version 1.5.3 and below. Dynamic poses (I don't know the 'official term', but you'll get it if you check the examples) stop working at version 1.6.0+. With versions 2.0.0+ nothing is rendered. I've created a pen collection that showcases the problem: https://codepen.io/collection/DxqJmY/
I found nothing helpful in the docs to solve this particular problem (also, I do not know if the docs are up-to-date). Any tips to get the code working on most recent version of react-pose would be very welcome! :)
Simple react-pose example using different versions of react-pose - a…
https://codepen.io/collection/DxqJmY/

June 6, 2018 at 9:07pm

In the 2.0 example move react-pose Javascript after react/react-dom scripts in Settings. It will work but color will not change. One problem solved.

like-fill

June 8, 2018 at 9:04am

Thanks @mrrau! Any ideas about what's wrong with the dynamic poses?

@trapridge looks like a bug to me

Yeah man this is a bug - when props change its not updating them correctly in the poser

great find actually this is a big one

ive published a fix with popmotion-pose@2.0.3 and react-pose@2.1.2

Awesome! thanks, @popmotion :)

June 12, 2018 at 2:23am

Thanks for fix, was using outdated pose and didnt get why this wasnt working.

Your message here...

*bold*_italic_`code````codeblock```