Join the conversation

Sign in to join this conversation, and others like it, in the communities you care about.

Niice

Niice is a visual platform for creative discussion.

Niice / Templates

Template Suggestions 🗒

Template Suggestions 🗒

Niice / Templates · June 15, 2018 at 2:40pm
This is a space where you can make suggestions on what templates we create on Niice 👏

June 15, 2018 at 7:41pm

Pinterest board template; Google Plus board template;

If I could produce this type of moodboard within minutes in a Niice board, by uploading few images and using the color pick tool + the text block tool, I'd be very very impressed. If I could export the board as a jpg so as to publish it on a social media account shortly after, it'd be a strong alternative to any Photoshop templates, whether self-created or from creative marketplaces. I can see dozens of such moodboard templates variations being available in-app and even user-generated.

like-fill

@nadinenbone interesting... besides the circular 'nasty girl' element (which breaks out of the grid) this would be straightforward to do. We're also planning on letting you set background colours on text blocks, which would make swatches easier...

like-fill

Keep the suggestions coming! So helpful to see specific examples of the kind of thing you'd love a template for in Niice

June 19, 2018 at 8:07pm

@nadinenbone interesting... besides the circular 'nasty girl' element (which breaks out of the grid) this would be straightforward to do. We're also planning on letting you set background colours on text blocks, which would make swatches easier...

I guess a rectangular shape for the logo would be ok for starters.

June 20, 2018 at 6:50am

I like this style too and the possibility of this

like-fill

June 21, 2018 at 10:25pm

One of the trickiest parts of this is actually coming up with a good naming scheme. It's relatively easy for us to create dozens of templates with different layouts, but the tricky thing is thinking of a good way to name them that isn't simply 'Moodboard 1', 'Moodboard 2', 'Gallery 64', etc. Any suggestions?

like-fill

June 22, 2018 at 2:22pm

The problem is reversed for us: not seeing the different layouts and having to come up with a name! I don't know how complex the layouts are going to be, but names that come up for me would be hinting at the structure of the layouts: "minimalist" for a simple layout with few big sections; "storm" for a complex layout with tons of sections (so a "storm" of information - you're welcome); etc. I'd say: what is the #1 strength of that specific layout? Then make up the name from that angle (bonus point: it'd avoid having a million times the variation of the same tired and old board).

like-fill

This would be "Minimalist"

This would be "Storm"

Cascade

June 22, 2018 at 10:38pm

oo these are great thanks! Hmm maybe more abstract names aren’t a bad idea...I’m starting to wonder whether enabling you guys to publish templates you create for anyone to use would be of interest?

like-fill

June 23, 2018 at 8:44pm

Abstract names *are* a great idea :) I really like the idea of a "marketplace" of users-generated moodboard templates! I vote yes on that.

like-fill
Your message here...

*bold*_italic_`code````codeblock```