Join the conversation

Sign in to join this conversation, and others like it, in the communities you care about.

Figma

Figma is the first collaborative UI design tool built in the browser. Join our growing community and kick off a conversation!

Figma / General

Figma does not have text override like sketch ??

Figma/General · August 9, 2018 at 11:55am

Figma / General · August 9, 2018 at 11:55am
hello, recently i have started using Figma, but Figma looks like no text override function like sketch ... . Does anyone know how to change the text by override? thank you

August 9, 2018 at 11:56am

I attached sketch text overrides

Figma has overrides, it just isn’t separated into an inspector panel. In the instance of your component, select the text layer and just change it in the instance. You can change content, and lots of other things about the text like text alignment and color, basically anything other than actually moving the text element around in the component‘s layout. It’s actually a lot more flexible than Sketch’s text overrides.

like-fill

August 9, 2018 at 7:06pm

you can even change the color of text in your instance.

like-fill

August 10, 2018 at 12:21pm

I see. Thank you ! Liz and Myron . i felt that would be much easier if i could change the text like sketch way.

anyway thankyou !

Changing text directly in context while in a component is easily one of the best aspects of Figma to me.

like-fill

I see. Thank you ! Liz and Myron . i felt that would be much easier if i could change the text like sketch way.

Hm, I disagree. It's much more intuitive to change text in-place IMO. Perhaps it's because you're used to that coming from Sketch?

Your message here...

*bold*_italic_`code````codeblock```