Join the conversation

Sign in to join this conversation, and others like it, in the communities you care about.

Sketch

The Sketch community on Spectrum. Sketch is the ultimate tool for designing user interfaces, websites, and icons.

Sketch / Help

Copy and past to all artboards at once

Sketch/Help · October 10, 2017 at 9:59pm

Sketch / Help · October 10, 2017 at 9:59pm (Edited 1 year ago)
Hi,

I would like to know if it's possible to copy an element and past it on all artboards at once.

Sound like a stupid question but I tried and searched how I could do it and couldn't figure it out. The only thing I found is this plugin: http://sketchapp.rocks/plugins/copy-2-all/

I'm suprised that you can't do it without any plugin, just using the native Sketch foncitonnalities.

Thanks

October 10, 2017 at 10:08pm

Love the idea of it. I can see though why it's not natively offered. There's quite a few variables you have to consider.

What are the variables you are thinking about?

Interesting proposition! Are you thinking of something like a master page?

Things like size of artboard? If the artboard is too small does it get clipped or pasted above artboard. Where does it past (x,y)? Where does it paste in terms of layer order? How do you access this command (dropdown menu, keyboard shortcut, etc.) Those are just a few I can think of. I mean it can all be solved for but I haven't seen this type of functionality as default in any other app. :)

like-fill

I see. I didn't think about the different sizes of artboards since I wanted to copy and past to artboards of the same size as you can guess. @Philippe I was more thinking of a features that I want to add on every mobile screen when I create a new features and I already designed all my mobile screens. Like in this exemple https://camo.githubusercontent.com/a2ab39ca8eeb1886b0cbfb54ec83b5fb28d38dc6/687474703a2f2f777577612e6769746875622e636f6d2f636f707932616c6c2e676966

The plugin that I posted on my first message allows to do it but I was surprised there is no way to do it only with Sketch. Would be logical for the artboards of the same size. If you select all youe artboards and you past an element, it will past it only on the last artboard you selected.

June 14, 2018 at 10:02am

“I haven't seen this type of functionality as default in any other app” This is a default and useful functionality in Adobe lllustrator as well as Indesing. Same artboard size – it pastes to the same place logically on top of the previous layers. If the artboard sizes differ then it produces unexpected results of course.

November 7, 2018 at 12:45pm

I made a plugin called Lazyboards that has a "Duplicate to all" and "Duplicate to selected" options... This might help... I'm working on the Paste versions of these. -> https://github.com/lazybearcreations/sketch-lazyboards/releases

November 8, 2018 at 2:12pm

Wow, Adam, that's cool!!!!!!

Thank you!  :)

Edited

Wow, Adam, that's cool!!!!!!

Thank you!  :)

I'm so happy you like and can use it...

Thank you for taking the time to let me know.

Have a great day

;)

Your message here...

*bold*_italic_`code````codeblock```