Join the conversation

Sign in to join this conversation, and others like it, in the communities you care about.

Sketch

The Sketch community on Spectrum. Sketch is the ultimate tool for designing user interfaces, websites, and icons.

Sketch / Plugins

New Plugin - Symbols Manager

New Plugin - Symbols Manager

Sketch / PluginsOctober 19, 2017 · 10:15am · (Edited 10 months ago)
Hi there, I'm happy to share a side project with you. It's a plugin that helps organising your symbols in a fast and easy way. So no more hassle with long and complex symbols name, or renaming tons of symbols because you misspelled a folder name. I'm curious what you guys think about it.

https://gumroad.com/products/sketch-symbols-manager

October 19, 2017 · 7:16pm

THANK FUCKING CHRIST. License purchased. *hugs*

Some feedback: Maybe create a collapsable panel that can be docked to the left or right side (like Craft Manager from Invision) so you can also drag and drop symbols to the page. Also, show linked libraries in this collapsible panel concept (I wouldn't edit and manage them like this, only in their source libraries)

like-fill

Nice! Would be great if it worked for layer styles also

like-fill

October 20, 2017 · 7:42am

by the mighty ass of chululu.... I was waiting for somethin like this for months!

This would be awesome. I hereby give you permission to build ;)

I subscribe to what Sean said about it being a collapsable plugin.

October 20, 2017 · 7:25pm

I seem to only get a blank window but have a ton of symbols in my document. any ideas?

October 21, 2017 · 1:49am

Purchased. Dont work on big complex files - try rebuild with symbol manager from skratch.

October 30, 2017 · 5:29pm

Agree that using large symbol libraries in a file can cause things like this to not function. That said, with Sketch Libraries, hopefully this can be remediated with new or ongoing projects. And hopefully the plugin dev will include referenced Sketch Libraries in the next version

like-fill

November 17, 2017 · 6:28pm

This plugin is awesome, my only complaint is, for some reason when I installed update, it installed 'another version' of it, so I have 2 versions of the plugin running at once now, will have to uninstall old version.

November 18, 2017 · 2:41pm

This plugin is a godsent! Thanks - bought

December 28, 2017 · 3:26am

is this plugin support the latest Sketch version 48.2?

like-fill

December 29, 2017 · 9:26am

Would be great to know before purchase!

March 2, 2018 · 3:57am

Is there a plugin like this to organize Styles in folders?

March 2, 2018 · 10:21am

Renaming folders and symbols no longer works. Please update.

@niki-chang Yes, it works with the latest versions.

@wil I got the same feedback from some others, I'm working on a update that will be released before Monday.

like-fill

License purchased ⚡️

like-fill

April 25, 2018 · 7:17pm

I purchase license and try to use on office and personal machine both are in my name but the key wouldn't register on second machine. Any thoughts how can I activate the license on second machine?

April 26, 2018 · 10:23am

I bought the text styles manager too: https://gumroad.com/l/sketch-text-styles-manager

Solid plugins

like-fill

May 15, 2018 · 6:12pm

Very helpful Plugin for bigger Projects

June 29, 2018 · 2:59pm

Sounds great! :) Just one question before purchasing: Does it work with Sketch Runner? Currently my symbols are named e.g. »button / primary / default«, which (in case I got it right) will be transferred into »default« only (lying in folder structure button > primary). I'm wondering if the insert option in Sketch Runner is compatible with that, so that I can search e.g. for »button« and it shows all symbols lying in the button folder?

Yes it will work with sketch runner and it's not going to change your naming stucture by default. It's really just an easy way to visualize and edit your symbol name.

like-fill

Perfect, thanks for the quick reply! :)

July 11, 2018 · 6:41pm

cant rename anymore!!!

Your message here...

*bold*_italic_`code````codeblock```