Join the conversation

Sign in to join this conversation, and others like it, in the communities you care about.

Figma

Figma is the first collaborative UI design tool built in the browser. Join our growing community and kick off a conversation!

Figma / General

What is the problem with the text styles?

Figma/General · October 10, 2018 at 10:14am

Figma / General · October 10, 2018 at 10:14am
We work as a team on one project. As soon as another person from the team selects the text layer, then he jumps from his seat and gets lost all the settings. It is impossible to work like that.

October 10, 2018 at 5:35pm

What do you mean? The settings for text are simple compared to other design tools like affinity.

like-fill

October 11, 2018 at 7:23am

What do you mean? The settings for text are simple compared to other design tools like affinity.

Watch this video - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iaGzQ1P5ANnziO35wkQ2A5wJQUYy4WuE/view?usp=sharing

It will explain what is happening. After my colleague worked in the layout, I click on the text and then text jumps from the spot and changing the size of the container

Could it be that you have different versions of Proxima Nova installed locally?

like-fill

Could it be that you have different versions of Proxima Nova installed locally?

Thought about it but we installed the same font.

Can be a problem because of different systems? Macbook and Windows?

October 11, 2018 at 5:24pm

This is normally a font issue I've had the same in Sketch. It's harder than you would think to sync fonts across machines. To verify try it in a web browser with local font loading diabled/uninstalled or switch to a web font neither of you have installed locally.

like-fill

I go between Mac and Windows with Proxima Nova all the time and have no issues.

October 12, 2018 at 4:04am

I recently came across this file from Hopper.com and it looks like they are having issues with Proxima Nova line height too

https://www.figma.com/file/LonC3h1FVoqgbBtmXmnHCIYx/Hopper.com---A-project-by-Narative?node-id=0%3A1

Look at the comment above first artboard.

like-fill

October 12, 2018 at 2:27pm

I've had this same thing happen with a variety of fonts. It's happened between me and other designers like you, but it's also happened with my own files and elements that I've created. Drives me insane it it throws our layouts completely off! I do think there is a serious problem here and not just different versions of a font being installed. We've never had this problem with other design programs like Illustrator.

The issue is diagnosis of the cause.

The issue is diagnosis of the cause.

@robintripper What do you mean?

October 13, 2018 at 8:09am

It doesn't happen all the time or for ever user otherwise it would be a an outcry so there is some condition unknown that causes it.

October 14, 2018 at 7:57pm

Guys, don't forget that Figma is using Chrome as a base, so we're talking about Web Font Rendering that is entirely different from Mac to Windows as well as from a browser to another. If it's a web project that will be sent to developers by the end, it won't be a problem as they can fix that in CSS to make sure that all browsers render the font properties correctly. As for the team collaboration, I would suggest using the same browser version, same font family package in TTF or OTF before opening the files, since Figma is on autosave if you open the file for the first time with fucked up fonts it will automatically pick your version and save it.

Your message here...

*bold*_italic_`code````codeblock```