Scotch / Bar Talk

Help us beta test the new Scotch v8!

June 30, 2018 · 12:11pm

I was easily able to find my all-time favourite Scotch article via search :)

Here's my feedback on the design - remember it's my opinion only:

- AMAZING search experience, easy to find articles & like how it's laid out

- The home page is structured much better than it was

- The 'Start learning' and 'Sign up' CTA's aren't big enough

- I don't like the new font in the hero or header but think it's good for the rest of the page

- I don't like the hero background color, it looks a bit boring. Maybe dark bg and green-ish text?

- The "Essential reading" and "Posts" sections look weird with nothing on the left

like-fill

Great feedback! I'll update those buttons and search for a better background color/font combo. Thanks very much

like-fill

July 3, 2018 · 1:33pm

First off, I love scotch.io -- thanks for all the work on it. Not sure what is doing this, but in developer firefox the entire layout of the site is pretty broken. I'm getting tons of Cross-Origin Request Blocked errors in the console.

I love Scotch and I like the redesign a lot. It seems to have some really cool features. I do have a few items that may or may not need to be addressed:

- Is More suppposed to be spelled "Moare" on the home page (at the bottom)?

- On the 404 page, you could link a few articles (maybe the 3 most recent articles?)

like-fill

You might want to check this link: https://chriscodes.io/tutorials/whats-new-in-node-10-dubnium But it looks amazing so far. Great job

I really like the new design, it is looking great. The organisation is so much better and everything is easier to find. My only con is that the text on the navigation maybe is too dark, maybe keep it white all the time and for the hover change the # to #E7CD79 so there is more contrast. I have checked on firefox and I'm also having several errors in console and after "Advertise Here" the whole layout seems to be broken

awesome work.

little typo on the "more courses" button it currently read "MOARE COURSES"

I love the search experience 💯 second to none.

like-fill

Looks beautiful in Chrome. But it looks kind of wonky in Firefox.

The Firefox issue seems to lie in their ad blocker wreaking havoc on our JS. Hmm

I got confused for a second. Even Edge shows the site correctly!

I love Scotch and I like the redesign a lot. It seems to have some really cool features. I do have a few items that may or may not need to be addressed:

- On the 404 page, you could link a few articles (maybe the 3 most recent articles?)

Yea moare should be more. That was just me being goofy and then never changing it. Will fix.

like-fill

Very good idea on the 404 page

like-fill

You might want to check this link: https://chriscodes.io/tutorials/whats-new-in-node-10-dubnium But it looks amazing so far. Great job

Thanks. Found the problem on that

I really like the new design, it is looking great. The organisation is so much better and everything is easier to find. My only con is that the text on the navigation maybe is too dark, maybe keep it white all the time and for the hover change the # to #E7CD79 so there is more contrast. I have checked on firefox and I'm also having several errors in console and after "Advertise Here" the whole layout seems to be broken

Found the Firefox issue. Thanks for the nav feedback. I'll lighten it up

Like it a lot!!!! However, i found a minor bug in search engine at top in the nabvar. The font is in white similar as the background color of the element :P. Despite this, amazing work!!!

July 4, 2018 · 4:32pm

Really enjoy the new header and the speed is incredible. Love the searching as well. Was able to easily find a bunch of articles I have looked at (some a few years in the past).

Seeing some weird layout things going on after the first hero section and in the posts listing section lower in the page. Running on firefox. Can send screenshots

I was trying to login with Google account and faced error 401. Once I am able to login I will give more detailed feedback.

Hello, also getting error in console. Design is broken,

Linux Firefox 60

XML Parsing Error: no root element found

Location: https://ssp.pub.network/ssp-server/HeaderBiddingService

Line Number 1, Column 1:

Your message here...

*bold*_italic_`code````codeblock```