Figma / General

Please use thread likes 👍 instead of +1's

Figma/General · June 27, 2018 at 7:55pm

Figma / General · June 27, 2018 at 7:55pm (Edited 4 months ago)
Hey everyone, Spectrum just launched a new update that allows you to like a thread. Instead of all those +1 messages let's use the new like feature, that way messages can be used for... well... messages!

June 27, 2018 at 8:03pm

p.s. I'm going to start cleaning up some of the threads and removing the "+1's". Let me know if you have any questions.

like-fill

June 28, 2018 at 11:23am

Do you add the +1 to the thread likes instead? Otherwise you will lose precious user information :)

I don't see it. Am I blind?

like-fill

Now it works. That was strange.

June 29, 2018 at 4:02pm

Do you add the +1 to the thread likes instead? Otherwise you will lose precious user information :)

At the moment we haven't really used the +1's in messages. They're hard to keep track of, and they really just add clutter to the thread. The thread likes are brand new but they offer a much better system to tracking the thread popularity. Hopefully down the road we'll be able to sort by likes, and as a community admin be able to see analytics around them. This means that we'll have a much better pulse on the types of requests, conversations, topics, etc. that matter most to our community! :)

Yeah my question was "Will Figma (you) transfer those +1s into likes yourself"? Or will you just leave older threads in the state they are now?

Yeah my question was "Will Figma (you) transfer those +1s into likes yourself"? Or will you just leave older threads in the state they are now?

Oh sorry misunderstood you. A user can only like a thread once so unfortunately users will have to convert their +1's into thread likes.

like-fill

Inbox will be very happy :)

like-fill

July 11, 2018 at 10:17pm

Just bringing this back up to the top. As a reminder please try and use the thread likes over "+1" messages. Thanks. :)

July 12, 2018 at 11:17am

Maybe change the title a little bit so it is clearer for anyone who decides not to read the thread in detail?

like-fill

Maybe change the title a little bit so it is clearer for anyone who decides not to read the thread in detail?

Great idea!

July 13, 2018 at 5:41pm

this is a good idea. +1. Ooops.

Hmm, you can't click on the left side. Lame.

July 16, 2018 at 7:22am

Roger that :)

July 16, 2018 at 3:56pm

I'd love to ... but I honestly cannot figure out how to do this. Can someone post a screenshot of where the "like" button is hiding?

it's a staged rollout, so if you don't see it yet just be patient

It is not a staged rollout, to be clear...

if spectrum's caching is so bad most users don't see it immediately, it might as well be lol

Suggestion: Make the thumbs up symbol on the left clickable to do the same thing as the one on the top right.

this is not a very discoverable feature... spectrum should put it down by the comment field

and it's called "like" which is not what I want to use it for ...it should just be "vote up" and have a +1 on it. and if you type +1 someplace it should add the vote.

meet people where they are, don't make them change their natural behavior.

(but I get that you need the likes to see what to pay attention to)

Your message here...

*bold*_italic_`code````codeblock```