Join the conversation

Sign in to join this conversation, and others like it, in the communities you care about.

React

A community of developers, designers and others who love React.js. βš›οΈ

React / General

πŸš€ ✍🏻 Announcing Docz! A simple and powerful tool that'll help you a lot documenting things!

πŸš€ ✍🏻 Announcing Docz! A simple and powerful tool that'll help you a lot documenting things!

React/GeneralΒ Β· June 11, 2018 Β· 8:59pm
Load previous messages

June 12, 2018 Β· 10:33am

Great, thanks for letting us know! Why would i use this instead of storybook (styling/theming doesn't matter)?

like-fill

I really like that project!

like-fill

Congratulations :)

like-fill

This is brilliant. Really nice work.

like-fill

Very nice! awesome!

like-fill

Awesome! :D

like-fill

dis πŸ”₯

awesome work on this! just tried it out in an existing project and it worked with zero issues! :)

like-fill

One word for this project

like-fill

Awesome

like-fill

:)

Yeah, unfortunately I didn't have much time and needed to launch the project soon, but it's already on the roadmap πŸ™ŒπŸ»

Awesome. How do I get this running with npm?

Looks awesome. @pedronauck ✨! I can't get to a computer until the weekend, but I was wondering: is it responsive? Will the docs work on mobile? I'd love to use this in our UI library, but that could me a dealbreaker over just using Storybook. Thanks!

like-fill

June 13, 2018 Β· 3:21am

Potentially via react-native-web?

I think that is possible and will be awesome!

Looks awesome. @pedronauck ✨! I can't get to a computer until the weekend, but I was wondering: is it responsive? Will the docs work on mobile? I'd love to use this in our UI library, but that could me a dealbreaker over just using Storybook. Thanks!

Thanks Dylan... How I told before on this thread, docz is not responsive yet, but is in the top of roadmap!

What is MDX?

like-fill

Great, thanks for letting us know! Why would i use this instead of storybook (styling/theming doesn't matter)?

Docz is not just about UI environment, but documentation in general with or without components. The docz website was entirely built with docz and don't have any component playground inside it. So, I think that we have different goals!

What is MDX?

MDX is Markdown + JSX. You can write your markdown files using components inside it!

Nice work! It is really something, although i still prefer Storybook (with its addons) for a complete library documentation and playground

like-fill

MDX is Markdown + JSX. You can write your markdown files using components inside it!

Cool

like-fill

I had an early react-styleguidist setup in my project, so I gave it a go yesterday. But I couldn't get it working. Will give this a shot in future for sure. It seems very easy to get started.

June 13, 2018 Β· 6:33pm

This looks great! Do you have plans to support ways to mock dependencies like React Router / Apollo / etc? React-cosmos has a nice way of doing this: https://github.com/react-cosmos/react-cosmos#proxies

like-fill

this looks amazing! is it possible to generate documentation on an existing project?

like-fill

June 20, 2018 Β· 4:19pm

This looks great! Do you have plans to support ways to mock dependencies like React Router / Apollo / etc? React-cosmos has a nice way of doing this: https://github.com/react-cosmos/react-cosmos#proxies

For sure Joseph... you can use the `wrapper` property on `doczrc.js` to setup a component that will be wrapped on your application. So, with that you can easy use Apollo or Redux, or whatever you want to be wrapped!

this looks amazing! is it possible to generate documentation on an existing project?

This is the main goal of docz :v:

June 22, 2018 Β· 10:23pm

Oh this is amazing nice work @pedronauck!

Your message here...

*bold*_italic_`code````codeblock```