Join the conversation

Sign in to join this conversation, and others like it, in the communities you care about.

Sketch

The Sketch community on Spectrum. Sketch is the ultimate tool for designing user interfaces, websites, and icons.

Sketch / General

Sketch 52 Crashing and Hanging Constantly

Sketch/General · October 2, 2018 at 8:43pm

Sketch / General · October 2, 2018 at 8:43pm
I'm on Mojave and I have colleagues still on high sierra (yes a high enough version to support 52). Seems to hang and crash a lot. Anyone else experiencing this after upgrade? Any fixes?

October 3, 2018 at 10:34am

I’ve not experienced this. Maybe it’s a plugin?

for me on Mojave is okay

Working smooth also in here v52+mojave+tons of plugins...no crash for the moment, been working for 4 hours now.

Yup! The app crashes as soon every single time I open it up.

Open File > Accept Library changes > crash

No problems here 👌

Yeah no problem here either, maybe it's a plugin? 🤔

October 4, 2018 at 3:01pm

Mine crashes as soon as I try to resize an artboard

If y’all have crashing issues it’s likely that a plugin is causing the issue. (i was having issues with paddy)

After it crashed the first time, Sketch disabled my plugins

Mine is crashing after you hide the rails. Hitting command + period crashes it

Working fine for me in Mojave with Paddy activated (however, paddy doesn't seem to be working). A colleague is using High Sierra and experiencing loading issues when dealing with nested symbols.

Working fine for me in Mojave with Paddy activated (however, paddy doesn't seem to be working). A colleague is using High Sierra and experiencing loading issues when dealing with nested symbols.

Paddy is no longer supported. The developer is not planning to update it.

October 11, 2018 at 11:32am

Paddy is no longer supported. The developer is not planning to update it.

Just discovered this yesterday :( I hear that Sketch is working on adding it. Hopefully soon!

like-fill

I've been getting lots of beachballing when working within complex files. Probably need to try disabling plugins one by one to figure out the problem.

Same here. Im facing this problem everytime I switching the window from another app, and get back to sketch window it will not responding (almost) forever. I only open 1 sketch file then I check the activity monitor, sketch consume almost 4gb of my ram. I’m upgrade to mojave and nothing change.

October 12, 2018 at 4:05pm

I just figure it out, Plugins called "Symbol Swapper" make it crash. disable the plugins and restart the sketch, everything back to normal 🍻

October 15, 2018 at 5:19pm

I have a problem - When I trigger the "Show Distance to other Layers" using alt, the mouse pointer goes to the loading state and it freezes for an indefinite time. This is slowing me down. Is anyone facing this or is it only me?

Also. Is it Mojave or Sketch?

I have a problem - When I trigger the "Show Distance to other Layers" using alt, the mouse pointer goes to the loading state and it freezes for an indefinite time. This is slowing me down. Is anyone facing this or is it only me?

Also. Is it Mojave or Sketch?

Is this level of memory usage common with sketch? Or is this a problem? This occurred only after the update to 52.2. Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

Sketch is rendering all the artboards in the most zoomed level. This is taking a lot of memory. Is there an option to stop this or control this??

Your message here...

*bold*_italic_`code````codeblock```