Join the conversation

Sign in to join this conversation, and others like it, in the communities you care about.

🛠 Work In Progress

A benevolent place where you can share progress on what you're creating. Get constructive feedback, help, or 💓 on your side projects. Inspired by Austin Kleon's book: "Show Your Work". 🚀

🛠 Work In Progress / 🌻 General

(UX Case Study) Are you a current or ex-user of Pocket?

(UX Case Study) Are you a current or ex-user of Pocket?

🛠 Work In Progress/🌻 General · October 31, 2017 · 5:29am

October 31, 2017 · 6:07am

Let's chat! Currently using Pocket -- have looked at the contents probably twice since I've started a couple months ago 🙃

like-fill

👋 Past user here, used it for 4 years or so, but ultimately wasn't a fan of their UI for certain formats, so switched to Stash for their direct link approach instead. Open to chatting 😊

like-fill

Past user, used it for 1-2 years, maybe 3-4 years ago? Stopped using it because it just kept growing as a mountain of anxiety. :/

like-fill

Switched to diigo because they also keep my highlights and bookmarks.

like-fill

I'm a (slightly obsessive) pocket user! Feel free to message me :)

like-fill

I use Pocket and Refind in symbiosis... but slightly moving to Refind alltogether.

like-fill

I've started using pocket ~1 year ago to solve tabs hoarding problem.

like-fill

I am a current user and have been using it for a few years now. I have ended up using it as a handy way to drop all links that I read and deem save worthy. So not really using the save for later feature per se.. Open to chat. :)

like-fill

i use it 3-4 times per week and have no issues - but i haven't shopped around

like-fill

November 1, 2017 · 4:46am

I just Signed up today - Will explore further and also browser around

like-fill

November 3, 2017 · 12:27am

@Adrien I used to use Diigo but they have been found to sell your web traffic with their Chrome extensions. And they kept increasing the price without adding new features. So now I just clip to Evernote

like-fill

I use pocket everyday on the bus going to work! I love it, but there are some features that could make it really better, of course. Feel free to contact me! 😀

like-fill

I use pocket constantly

like-fill

November 12, 2017 · 10:03am

Hi @joshwin , I'm not the user of Pocket but I'm running https://ggather.com - an alternative to Pocket/Delicious. Would love to see results of the study. How's the progress?

And if you have any questions to me then don't hesitate to contact me. I'm also trying to find the best solution for "Save for Later"

like-fill

Heavy pocket user here. Feel free to ping me!

like-fill

I’d be happy to help. I’m using Pocket since their name was “Read It Later” and I also worked on a similar product (ReadingPack) for almost 2 years.

like-fill

November 13, 2017 · 12:39am

Pocket user here, feel free to message. (Also using Instapaper, Evernote, Save to Inbox (google/gmail), and emails to self — I'm one hell of a procrastinator...)

like-fill

November 14, 2017 · 10:39pm

Hey @dominikserafin, Glad to see that you are interested. I'm making good progress. I'm just in the middle of recruiting and interviewing participants right now. If you know anyone that has used Pocket in the past, feel free to send them my way. I also saw your post about GGather and actually had a question about your approach to tags. I will follow up later. And sure, if I have any questions that I think you could answer, I will let you know.

like-fill

November 16, 2017 · 2:06pm

Are you still looking for more people? :) A daily user since 4 years and would actually love to see some improvements in their usability.

like-fill

@dalsinan Yeah, I'm still looking for people. I sent you a DM.

like-fill

For reference, the last day that I will be interviewing people will be December 16th. So, in the meantime, the more the merrier.

November 17, 2017 · 12:51pm

I'm using Pocket but mainly as an article graveyard because it works better than cluttering up my bookmarks. I sometimes go back to Pocket when I _really want to read something right now_ but that's rare and it usually means I'll delete a lot of articles because they're no longer relevant to me. I consider that a feature: it eliminates FOMO without having to actually read everything that sounds interesting.

like-fill

(feel free to DM)

Using Pocket mostly as a repository of articles I'll eventually get around to reading during long flights. Sometimes I find myself saving too much stuff there that I just end up deleting most of them because they're no longer interesting for me

like-fill

December 7, 2017 · 3:08am

Since there's going to be an influx of new people, I'm currently working on a survey. Let me know which version you would prefer, i.e. a remote user interview or a survey. Thanks!

December 27, 2017 · 4:36am

Used for a while, but it's long time ago. Now I am just using Instapaper. It's fits most my needs.

like-fill

December 29, 2017 · 3:22pm

I used pocket for about a week, but then quit mostly due to UX. I'd be happy to offer some feedback

like-fill

January 8, 2018 · 1:19pm

I use it all the time - most valuable thing: text to speech; biggest pain: no TTS in my mother tongue (croatian) or at least any kind of separation of saved content by languages.

like-fill
Your message here...

*bold*_italic_`code````codeblock```