Join the conversation

Sign in to join this conversation, and others like it, in the communities you care about.

SpecFM

A network of designers and developers making the best podcasts, blogs, and resources for designers and developers.

SpecFM / show-n-tell

andyngo.me

Load previous messages

July 10, 2017 · 2:37am
Hiring manager for the last 10 years here: thats the best online c.v. ive ever seen. Actually useful for me to read. Well done!
like-fill
That's very nice of you to say, Michael! Thank you. ❤️
Sadly its unusual to find designers who think about the hiring manager as a user of their C.V.! Drives me up the wall. You actually used graphs/timelines for something useful not just "pretty" ui.
Definitely. I'd rather remove the timeline if it doesn't serve any purpose other than just being "pretty". My goal is to see these timelines get filled up as the years go by. And as a reminder that I should do more each year. It's saddening to see that some of my years are only filled with work, with very little side projects/events. It's a personal space for me to collect all these artifacts which in turn can be used as a CV/Resume if needed. I've always liked the idea of keeping a traditional diary but could never bring myself to do it... A digital one on the other hand, seems more likely.
timeline is a really great idea. nice work
like-fill
it feels much more honest and transparent than a company name and a date range
I can see how this is a problem for those who'd signed NDAs and can't be as granular when describing their work. Thankfully most of the things in my CV are public. Thank you!
Credit where credit's due: https://www.fbf8.com/schedule I was partially inspired by the design of the calendar here. At my previous job I've dealt with calendars quite a fair bit and I've found it to be capable of being used in a myriad of situations.
like-fill
This is great Andy! Kept me scrolling. I feel like I have a much better feel for what makes you tick than most portfolio sites. Could just be me, but I struggled to make out what section of the timeline related to which project, until I looked really closely and noticed the color coded slashes below. Maybe color coding the project headers could help with this? Really refreshing take on a personal site though. Great work and thanks for sharing :)
like-fill
Beautiful work!
like-fill
I love it! 😍
like-fill

July 11, 2017 · 1:25am
Thank you, everyone.
@Sam, you're right about the headers being detached from the timeline, thus making it difficult to tell which project corresponds to which timeline. I've added the project name to the timeline itself and made minor tweaks to the header. Thanks for your feedback! ✌️

July 11, 2017 · 12:35pm
This looks amazing 😮
like-fill

February 6, 2018 · 3:06am

Hi everyone, I've recently transitioned to freelancing. Was hoping that I could get a few leads from here. Need any design/frontend dev help? Let's talk. https://andyngo.me/

Your message here...

*bold*_italic_`code````codeblock```