Join the conversation

Sign in to join this conversation, and others like it, in the communities you care about.

🛠 Work In Progress

A benevolent place where you can share progress on what you're creating. Get constructive feedback, help, or 💓 on your side projects. Inspired by Austin Kleon's book: "Show Your Work". 🚀

🛠 Work In Progress / 🌻 General

Portfolio website

July 7, 2018 · 6:48pm

Whats the url for your portfolio?

like-fill

July 8, 2018 · 1:05am

Whats the url for your portfolio?

Sorry it's not live. But I did upload the images which are not present anymore 😅 I'll re upload

like-fill

so I guess the image uploading is broken.

I tried to edit the question and repost the images.

like-fill

can you provide some feedback now? Thanks.

To be honest it is quite difficult to provide feedback as there isn't that much to go on. I would say on the, what i presume is the mobile view - add some padding around the about paragraph as it is currently very close to the edges of the viewport. Also maybe find a way to distinguish the navigation links more as currently I am finding it difficult to immediately see them.

like-fill

To be honest it is quite difficult to provide feedback as there isn't that much to go on. I would say on the, what i presume is the mobile view - add some padding around the about paragraph as it is currently very close to the edges of the viewport. Also maybe find a way to distinguish the navigation links more as currently I am finding it difficult to immediately see them.

Thanks. I know there is not much 😅 Thanks for your feedback. Can you suggest something to add? Is it better to have colors or keep it plain b&w for blogs

Thanks. I know there is not much 😅 Thanks for your feedback. Can you suggest something to add? Is it better to have colors or keep it plain b&w for blogs

Color would be one way to suggest to visitors that something is interactive - which might make the navigation clearer.

I would say it might be worth collecting some examples from your favourite portfolio websites – focusing on one kind of element at a time, for example:

- Navigation

- Body text

- Images

- Headings

- Layout

If you gather 3-4 screenshots from different websites for each kind of element, you can then decide what styles you like and borrow the ideas for your own site. This will take longer, but it's probably more useful for learning in the long run.

I've no idea if that was clear, feel free to ask more questions :)

like-fill

Also these might be helpful in explaining the 'why' of different aspects of visual design:

https://developer.apple.com/design/human-interface-guidelines/ios/visual-design/color/

https://material.io/design/color/color-usage.html#

The links go to the color pages but it's worth spending a lot of time reading these. There's a lot to learn here!

like-fill

Thank you so much. This is awesome.

like-fill

July 9, 2018 · 3:37am

Keep us updated on progress!

like-fill

July 9, 2018 · 10:30am
Your message here...

*bold*_italic_`code````codeblock```