Join the conversation

Sign in to join this conversation, and others like it, in the communities you care about.

SpecFM

A network of designers and developers making the best podcasts, blogs, and resources for designers and developers.

SpecFM / Design Details

262: Taste Acquisition (feat. Iheanyi Ekechukwu)

SpecFM/Design Details · August 29, 2018 at 5:21pm

SpecFM / Design Details · August 29, 2018 at 5:21pm
This week we talk with Iheanyi Ekechukwu about his side project Seeker, starting from scratch at a new gig, and the best advice he's ever gotten. Then we share a few cool things, including a tracing library, a decentralized phone, and a Mac utility.

Show notes

https://spec.fm/podcasts/design-details/188416

This week's episode was brought to you in part by InVision Studio

InVision Studio is the world’s most powerful screen design tool that brings together design, prototyping, animation, and collaboration all in one place. Check it out and get started for free at https://www.invisionapp.com/studio

September 5, 2018 at 7:54pm

Thanks Brian and Marshall for continuing this awesome podcast. Here is my feedback for the new format:

+++ Having topics to discuss. In the old format sometimes it took you a while to find a topic that wasn't discussed many times before (should designers code? / getting in touch with design by inspecting elements and so on)

+++ Different show segments. It's nice to be able to jump around if something is not particularly interesting to one or if you did not pay attention and want to jump back to the beginning of a topic. A little bit of variety of different segements would be cool. E.g. instead of point-counter and one cool thing point you could do things like: "an opinion I recently changed my mind on", "one cool design thing I learned this week" or let listeners suggest topics to discuss. Have a look at syntax.fm maybe. They have a large variety of different show topics. For example they did a show on their office setup, their toolchains or they discuss a single tool in depth for the length of an episode.

ooo The shorter show length suits the new format. But sometimes I miss being able to passively "dive into a discussion" for an hour or longer.

--- sound quality was very off in this episode. I guess you changed doing the interviews from on location to skype or something. I have good headphones and as a non-native speaker it's a lot harder to understand the bad audio. So I basically had to skip this one. Hope that you find a way to get your perfect audio quality back.

like-fill

oh and I do miss the sarcastic back and forth between Bryn and Brian a little bit. Everything sounds a little more formal and polite now. But probably I was just very familiar with the humour after having listened to you two for so many hours in the past so that's just a matter of time

like-fill

To end in something positive: I'm very happy that you are investing so much of your time to give us this show for free! (Even without ads thanks to the new segment function) So thanks again for all of this.

like-fill

Thanks for the feedback! The sound quality is definitely going to be a bit tricker for us with remote interviews (the old format required us to have all guests in-studio). The tradeoff here is sound quality, but in return we're able to reach way more people to interview since we don't require them to physically be in sf!

like-fill
Your message here...

*bold*_italic_`code````codeblock```