FYI: Truffle Teams shuts down permanently on Sept 10th, 2021June 22, 2021 at 2:04am (Edited 4 months ago)
I'm not sure if an emailer was sent out to Truffle Teams users, but there is nothing on the Twitter feed, this support thread, or the Truffle Teams website indicating that Truffle Suite posted a blog post talking about sunsetting Truffle Teams on 6/11. There's also no emailer for new accounts so if you signed up post 6/11, you wouldn't know about this.
I'm no longer an employee of Truffle (on good terms, since December), but as the former lead of Truffle Teams, I feel like someone should pipe up here to make sure both free and paid users can have enough notice to migrate their data and processes appropriately.
Here's the original blog post: https://www.trufflesuite.com/blog/sunsetting-truffle-teams
- As of 6/11, Teams will shut down on Sept 10th, 2021.
- Pro and Enterprise tier users should have received a refund of 1 month 5-10 days ago. Email the email listed in the blog post if you didn't get a refund.
- Data will not be deleted until 30 days after Sept 10th, 2021. So if you need to get your data for any reason, reach out to the email listed in the blog post. All user data will be deleted 30 days after Sep. 10, 2021, so be sure to request before then otherwise it will be unrecoverable.
- "Parts of Truffle Teams will be making their way into our open-source tools." I'm not sure what Truffle's plan is here, but it looks like there's already an open source version of the visual debugger.
While I'd love to help you if you have any issues, I'm no longer the person to contact and just frankly don't have the answers or power. If you have any questions, please do not post on Spectrum as it seems to be unmonitored (or answered) by the development team at least for the Truffle Teams side of things. Your best way to get an answer from the team is to email the email listed in the blog post.
Best of luck. It was a fun journey while it lasted.
June 22, 2021 at 12:56pm
June 22, 2021 at 8:50pm
Glad it helped someone!
I've been out of the space since December, but here are the options I believe you might have:
- Run your own forked Ganache instance (read more at https://github.com/trufflesuite/ganache-cli and look for
--forkoption or https://github.com/trufflesuite/ganache-core/tree/master to use
ganache-coredirectly), and hook it up with an RPC backend. You can run your own node for this or you can use Infura (or other service). If you use Infura, there's a good chance you are going to request data from more than 128 blocks in the past, so you'll need to pay $250/mo for the archival data addon (Teams was such a steal if you were using forked sandboxes).
- There was a competitor way back when that I knew of, that may still be operating, but unfortunately it breaks my Non-Compete/Non-Solicit former employment agreement with Truffle to direct you to it. :/
- Wait and see if Truffle and/or ConsenSys offers an alternative solution. I don't have any idea if they're planning on replacing hosted Ganache Sandboxes at all, so I wouldn't hold your breath because the blog post seemed Truffle wants to refocus on open source tooling, and hosted forked ganache instances is SaaS.
Hey , thanks so much for flagging this! To confirm, the dates / timeline referenced in this post are actually incorrect and it's just been updated accordingly. For reference, the official shut down date is actually September 10th 2021, with data being deleted 30 days following that.
Also, an email with the accurate dates did go out to active / paused users, although we had a few bounce backs (including yourself I believe) wherein folks had either unsubscribed or the message got rejected by an email filter.
Big thanks for updating the post (seesemichaelj). Also in-app banner going up in the next day or so...as well as a bunch more communication regarding both the sunset date and steps for off-boarding. Thanks again!