Release notes - Week #42 - 2018October 19, 2018 at 7:05pm (Edited 2 years ago)
Save as many views as you want with the new Camera add-on. The Depth of Field feature enables you to create beautiful visuals with depth, as if you took the picture with a real camera. The Safe frame now helps you to create perfect compositions.
The USDZ preview detects iOS 12 and Safari browser, so your website visitors won't download a .usdz file anymore just by clicking on the image.
Snap the gizmo with right mouse drag, and snap to other objects in Object Mode too. Get the size of the objects by turning on the Bounding box and Dimensions in the menu.
- Unlimited cameras on the scene
- Fluid transition when switching between them(F4 or Fn + F4 on macOS)
- Depth of Field
- Perspective and Orthographic views
- Field of view
- Safe frame to align your design to the center of the scene
- USDZ export supports combination of parameters and textures
- Baking the textures and parameters to one texture for USDZ export
- Added recommendation for USDZ export - Max. 100k polygons
- Bounding box in Object Mode(make sure it's enabled in the main menu)
- All 1.0 projects are now converted and available for editing in the 2.0 engine
- The Extrude function recomputes normals of the generated geometry
- Added info for blocked collaboration by network security
- Fixed scaling in one axis and orthogonal view
April 19, 2019 at 8:50am
April 19, 2019 at 7:59pm
Hi, how to set the orthographic view?
To switch between views you can use the hotkey TAB on your keyboard, it will cycle between top, down, left right and perspective. You can save this views by adding a camera in the current view to the scene by adding a camera from the object mode. Then you will have this camera in the Object List on the left and you can go into each cam. To cycle between cameras use hotkey F4.
Note: when you are inside a camera (the plus in the box indicates this in the object list) you are actually moving and changing the camera.