Simple apples & boxes - working with imagesJune 17, 2019 at 9:49am (Edited 2 months ago)
I did this tablet from scratch while experimenting with textures and images.
- create a rounded cube (4 cuts along the edges and applied sub-d smoothing)
- then separate the front, back and sides to apply different materials
- the back needed to be flattened (scale to zero) - photo of the tablet textured and scaled manually in vectary
- to make the apple logo reflective, I just added it as svg and positioned it over the current image (material roughness 0, metalness 30)
- the front decal is just a transparent png and I turned "catch shadows off"
- tweaked the softness of the shadows by scaling the light source
June 17, 2019 at 9:49am