We are a small startup and are currently developing 2 mid size products, we wanted to host on Now. We are developing on them for several months now. Beside all the discussion on a technical view, for us there is also a cost view. It is not just a question whether we can migrate to the new Now strategy, it is also a question of whether we want to do so.
The Now plattform would be the base of our software and we developed several months an architecture that would perfectly fit in the old Now strategy. But because the team at Zeit decided to deprecate this in the future, it would be silly to stick on our old architecture if we wanna stay on Now.
So we would have to invest several weeks (of time and money!) to migrate to the new Now idea. That's really a huge step for such a small team like us.
But how can we be sure, that the team at Zeit don't decide to change their technical strategy and their pricing plans again in 12 months and we have to do this invest again?
I'm sorry, but such a plattform like Now has to be reliable for us, especially because it is the base of the software.
I would love to here the opinion of the community. Is our team the only one that is concerned about such a change of the Now plattform?